Access Keys:

Tobermore Primary School, Magherafelt
October Dinner Menu Update Please see the up to date dinner menu from the school meals kitchen for October on the website. Please note that changes may still occur due to ongoing supply and delivery issues. We will endeavour to keep you up to date if we are made aware of any changes, however changes may occur at short notice due to circumsatances beyond the control of the kitchen. | Breakfast Club Survey Dear Parent, please can you complete the following survey regarding our Breakfast Club.  This survey will run from 30th September to Friday 14th October.Many thanks,Mr Cheevers  | Reporting Absences Please remember if your child is absent from school you must complete the Absence Form, by clicking on the link below to inform the school of the reason for your child being absent. Many thanks, Mr Cheevers 
open new window



Tobermore Primary School Open Evening takes place in December each year. Please visit our website to keep an eye on our Open Night news.

What does compulsory school age mean?
All children who are four years old on or before the 1st July must begin their primary education from the beginning of the school year following their 4th birthday.

Do I have to complete an application?
Yes, if your child is compulsory school age then you need to complete an application. This application is completed online via the Admissions Tab on the Education Authority Website.

Children with Special Educational Needs
If your child is undergoing statutory assessment you still need to apply for a Primary 1 place.  This will ensure your child secures a place in the event that the statutory process determines that your child does not require a statement. If/when your child's statement is put in place, the application you submit will become null and void.

Child with Statement of Special Educational Needs
If your child has a Statement of Special Educational Needs, the arrangements detailed here do not apply. You should contact the Education Authority’s Special Education Section for advice regarding the process of applying for a Primary 1 place for your child.

Living outside Northern Ireland at time of application you can still make an application for a primary place. However, priority is given to children residing in Northern Ireland at the time of their proposed admission.

If you are moving to Northern Ireland, when completing the application, you must use the address you are residing at the time of the completion of your application. Boards of Governors can only use a new address once your child is residing at the new address. You should notify the EA in writing when you have moved and you will need to provide verification of your move. 

Where can I get further help?

Admissions Helpdesk: Telephone 028 9598 5595

Admission to P2-7 at Tobermore Primary School - transfer between schools

If your child is in Years 2-7 of a primary school and you wish to move him / her to Tobermore Primary School, you will need to make a simple application using the AP1 Form. Please follow the link below.